- Haagen-Dazs wanted to increase product sales in a specific chain of supermarkets.
- Increase general brand recognition in Mexico.
- Grow their fan page followers.
- Add value for consumers by rewarding their loyalty.
- Created a consumer communications plan that had an engaging direct response component.
- Amongst other initiatives, created a contest in which participants could enter based on product purchase in the select supermarkets. Consumers submitted creative and unique holiday season themed photos recording or recreating an original moment enjoying the ice cream.
- The campaign was shared through digital media outlets such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. In addition, six influential bloggers shared posts about the campaign on their social media.
- During a five-week period the brand selected the best weekly photo and then the fans and followers voted for the final winning photo.
- Winners received a price consisting of a series of unique and one-of-a-kind moments during a specific weekend.
- The campaign reached over 8.17 million people.
- The brand increased sales by 12% at the select chain of supermarkets.
- The number of followers on their fan page increased significantly.
- More than 170,000 people viewed the experiences of the winning participants of the campaign (#comoningunotro) through social media outlets of the bloggers.